Deepika Padukone Bollywood Actress Biography
Deepika Padukone was born in year 1986 in Mangalore. Deepika Padukone is a light brown eyed Indian Super Model. Deepika Padukone is a renowned Indian Model and has been featured in several commercials, Her levis ad is on the hot favriotes for her fans. She has also been featured in the Kingfisher Swimsuit Calendar – 2006.
Deepika Padukone is a popular personality and has won Female Model of the year 2006 award to authenticate her talent as a Model. Deepika Padukone as a Bollywood Actress & Indian model has showcased her work in the movies – Pirat, Aishwarya, Delhi 6, Om Shanti Om. She also did a song in Himesha’s Aap Ka Suroor – ‘Naam Hai Tera Tera’
At SouthDreamz.com Deepika Padukone has been chosen as a grand performer and rated as a Struggling Indian Personality.
SouthDreamz.com rates Deepika Padukone a 9/10 for her Beauty & Looks, 8/10 for her Figure & Stats and a 8.5/10 for her talent as a Bollywood Actress & Indian model.
Deepika Padukone is also spelled as Dipeeka, Deepika Padukone, Deepkha.
Deepika Padukone Biography
Deepika Padukone was born in Mangalore, Karnataka in the year 1986. She is the most celebrated Indian model and an upcoming actress.
Daughter of a former World badminton Champion Prakash Padukone and mother Ujjala Padukone, Deepika grew up into a sultry model with dreams in her eyes to make it big in showbiz industry. Though she played badminton during her school days and reached to the level of a State player, she did not take her game to the national level as she had set her sights on the glamorous world of showbiz.
Pursuing her dreams, Deepika Padukone quickly became a model endorsing leading brands like Liril soap, Limca, Close-Up toothpaste, Kingfisher and several other products, which include international cosmetics giant Maybelline. The pretty svelte model won numerous awards for her modeling style. Her sensuous photographs appearing on the 2006 Kingfisher Swimsuit Calendar has virtually proved that she is indeed a supermodel in her own right.
She was chosen as the ‘Model of the Year’ by Kingfisher at its Fashion Awards; and further was awarded the ‘Female Model of the Year’ award in commercial assignments category and ‘Fresh Face of the Year’ at Idea Zee Fashion F Awards.
Deepika Padukone entered film industry with a Kannada film, “Aishwarya” in 2006 starring opposite Kannada hero, Upendra. The following year she bagged three Bollywood films, “Om Shanti Om”, “Pirate” and “Delhi 6?. She has also appeared in a musical video, “Aap Ka Suroor” by Himesh Reshammiya.
This pretty girl has a long way to go in Bollywood and many predict that she will be the next big thing in Bollywood.
While in college, Padukone pursued a career in modeling. She was spotted in a ramp competition in NLS, Bangalore. Over the years, she has modeled for such Indian brand names as Liril, Dabur Lal powder, Close-Up toothpaste and Limca, and has been “brand ambassador” for the Jewels of India retail jewelery show. The cosmetics company Maybelline made her its international spokesperson.
At the fifth annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards she was awarded the title “Model of the Year”. Shortly afterward, she was chosen as one of the models for the Kingfisher Swimsuit Calendar for 2006 and won two trophies at the Idea Zee Fashion Awards: “Female Model of the Year – (Commercial Assignments)” and “Fresh Face of the Year”. Padukone was also chosen as the brand ambassador of Kingfisher Airlines and later Levi Strauss and Tissot SA.
In March 2008, Padukone began dating Ranbir Kapoor, her co-star from the film Bachna Ae Haseeno (2008). The couple broke up in November 2009.
Awards and nominations
* 2008: Filmfare Best Female Debut Award; Om Shanti Om
* 2008: Sony Head N Shoulders Fresh Face of the Year Award; Om Shanti Om
* 2008: Filmfare Best Actress Award; Om Shanti Om
Star Screen Awards
* 2008: Star Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer – Female; Om Shanti Om
* 2008: Star Screen Award Jodi No. 1 along with Shahrukh Khan; Om Shanti Om
* 2010: Star Screen Award for Best Actress; Love Aaj Kal
Zee Cine Awards
* 2008: Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut; Om Shanti Om
* 2008: Zee Cine Award for Best Actor – Female; Om Shanti Om
* 2008: IIFA Awards’ Best Debutant (Female); Om Shanti Om
* 2008: IIFA Best Actress Award; Om Shanti Om
* 2008: Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow – Female; Om Shanti Om
Apsara Film and Television Producers Guild Awards
* 2008: Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards’ Best Female Debut; Om Shanti Om
* 2010: Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards’ Chevrolet Heartbeat of the Nation (Female)
Asian Film Awards
* 2008: Asian Film Awards’ Best Actress; Om Shanti Om
* 2009: Asian Film Awards’ Best Actress; Chandni Chowk to China
* 2007: Star’s Sabsey Favourite, Sabsey Favourite Nayi Heroine; Om Shanti Om
* 2007: HT Café Film Awards, Best Newcomer Award (Female); Om Shanti Om
* 2008: Reebok Zoom Glam Awards, Glam Debutant (Female); Om Shanti Om
* 2008: Annual Central European Bollywood Awards, Breakthrough Role (Female); Om Shanti Om